Sunday, January 12, 2014

get crafty

This weekend I squeezed in a lot of crafting time around the usual activities of running and cleaning. I am trying to stay on top of my crafting ideas so that I am not rushing around and stressing out when birthdays or other gift giving holidays roll around. I got started as soon as we returned from Nebraska for Christmas and have been plucking away at new projects, old projects, and for a change, me projects.

Here is a glance at what I have been working on this weekend!


One of the blogs that I follow, mooglyblog.com, is hosting an afghan-along. This is the first square of the afghan. Every two weeks a new square is revealed and at the end of the year I'll have all of the pieces needed to make a 4'x6' afghan! This is my me project, one that I'm doing just because I can.


Another project that I worked on this weekend was a baby doll for one of my nieces. Her birthday isn't for quite some time, but as I mentioned, I want to stay on top of my gift-crafting game so that I'm prepared in the event that life gets in the way when birthdays are actually here.


Here is another birthday gift for another niece. It is hard to come up with ideas for the girls as they get older, but I think that this sparkly infinity scarf is one that will please the oldest of the girls.


Last but not least, here is a project that I have been working on (verrrrry slowly) since I returned from Costa Rica. This baby blanket is for a niece that isn't a baby anymore, but she is still my baby girl. If all goes well, it will serve well for a 4th birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment