Friday, November 15, 2013

fun friday

It's that day of the week again! Fridays are always a breath of fresh air. They may be really crazy, but they are also fulfilling in that I can see how much progress my kinders are making. Some are jumping leaps and bounds, others are moving forward like inchworms. Either way, they are making progress.

Once success story from today came during reading assessments. At the end of the first quarter I gained a new student. She came without strong foundations in any subject area, but she is catching up  quickly. Today our assessment was on blending (sounding out) C-V-C (consonant-vowel-consonat) words that began with 'r' and also on reading the words she, with, me. 

During the first couple of weeks that this little kinder was in my class she would look at me and say "It's too hard," when we did reading assessments. Then she started picking up sight words and would get points for those. Today, she sat down confidently and sounded out her words. She ended up receiving an 80%! After six weeks in our class, she earned a proficient score! I was (and obviously still am) really excited. We high-fived and I told her how proud of her I was. 

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment