Wednesday, November 20, 2013

you work

Yesterday morning, during sharing time, we talked about things that we like to do. My students talked about liking to play, ride bikes, play sports, and do art. When it was my turn to share, my kinders immediately said, "You like to run!" (They've been paying attention!) I said, "Yes, I like to run, and I will go run this afternoon after work." They looked at me flabbergasted. "You WORK?!?" 

I suppose that it is a good thing that they do not think of school as work. And for the most part, I don't really think of school as work either, unless I have been here for over ten hours. I love my job. My kinders are fantastic and they surprise me every day. If this is what work is, I'll take it!

* This was intended to be posted yesterday, but I got a little carried away with said run!

No comments:

Post a Comment