Sunday, August 18, 2013

crafty

Making some tactile letters for my kinders
Sunday fun day! Or something like that. I finished all of my "need-to-dos" around the house this morning, which meant that I had an afternoon to do one of my "want-to-dos." I love to craft in my free time and have been perusing alphabet patterns on pinterest for quite a while now. Today I had a chance to try one of them out.

This afternoon I made it through a capital and lowercase a and a capital b. I've mostly followed the patterns that I chose, but make a few modifications here and there. I've been using my stashed bits and pieces of yarn from other projects and should end up with some bright colored letters for my students to use as they learn their alphabet. I'll continue working on my letters until I have a complete set of capital letters and a complete set of lowercase letters. I'm pretty excited about bringing these new tools into the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment