Tuesday, August 20, 2013

goals

The entry into our classroom, newly decorated with student work
Last week my kinders were hard at work learning some basic skills to help acclimate them to the classroom and our school in general. As a part of this process, they also created drawings of their biggest goal for the year. With the exception of one or two students, they all said that they wanted to learn how to read this year. Their drawings of their goals are now hanging up right inside of our door so that they can be reminded of their goals every time they enter and/or leave the classroom.

Our class work wall also includes a name list so that we can practice reading our friends' names and a poster documenting how well everyone was able to write their own names at the end of the first week of school. I love having the bright colors on the wall and displaying the work of my students. My kinders are slowly transforming the classroom and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment