Wednesday, August 21, 2013

missing

Technology is wonderful. Except for when it is not. This afternoon I had a little case of the "is nots." Every day I am required to take class attendance in the morning and in the afternoon. This morning my kinders were all (well, except for the absent ones) checked in and we were good to go. The automated phone system would take care of notifying the absent students' families and I was all set to teach my students.

The morning went well. We read and wrote, and practiced letters, syllables, and reading comprehension strategies. When lunch time rolled around, I sat down to record my afternoon attendance and this is the message that I got:

Where did my class go?

What a surprise! I am up to 18 little learners in my class and 16 of them were present today. Technology let me down. I went to check in with the office and was told to check back in at the end of the school day. I checked in at the end of my planning period, still no class. I went and talked to our clerk and she called the tech department for the district. By the time my kiddos were being checked out to their parents I once again had a class. Phew. My 18 kinders are all mine again, which is good because one of them has a birthday tomorrow and I don't want to share her!

No comments:

Post a Comment