Monday, August 26, 2013

freedom

Photo Courtesy of Kids 'R' Kids Waterford

Freedom. Those are precious words these days. This morning I had recess duty, and while five out of six days this is nearly 20 minutes of freedom for me, today was not one of those days. Instead it is nearly 20 minutes of watching 60 4 and 5 year olds run around on the playground and trying to maintain their safety as best as possible. This morning as I walked outside with my kinders in tow, one shouted FREEDOM as soon as the outside door was opened and ran for the playground. It is moments like this that make me appreciate my students, their wit, and the time that I have with them.

As for me, I am going to go enjoy my 15 minutes of freedom now, falling between a staff meeting and an evening of graduate school. So to you, enjoy your freedom. It's precious, even if it is only 15 minutes to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment