Monday, September 30, 2013

busy busy blah

Saturday and Sunday flew by once again. Saturday morning the mister and I walked downtown to peruse the farmer's market and to grab a few goodies from the co-op. Then it was home with our noses tucked into grad school work. We did manage to go out with friends on Saturday evening through, which is always a pleasant escape from the world of work and more work.

Yesterday was a fantastic day. The mister and I both ran in a local half marathon. It was a little chilly, but we had a beautiful day out on the trails. We both ran faster than we did last year (an easy feat for me since I did not run last year). Of course, once our time on the trails were done we rushed home to more work - chores, planning for the week, and grad school work.

Today was my blah. I was in training all day, which I will say was fantastic, but the energy that I have while teaching was missing. I don't know if that was the result of running yesterday, but I suspect that it was the result of sitting all day and listening to someone talk. The presenter was really engaging, but I am used to getting up and moving around nearly every fifteen minutes - I have grown accustomed to the attention span of a five year old.

Now it's off to more grad school. Tonight is a reading class, and thankfully it should not entail more sitting. We have a gallery walk of how our school and/or classrooms promote reading. Here's a little look at what reading looks like in my classroom and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment