Wednesday, September 4, 2013

turn it off

It is currently more than an hour past my typical bed time. The main reason for this is that I had grad school tonight. As a result, my brain will not shut off. Class ended at 9:00, and then the mister and I stopped by to visit with a friend that we have not talked to in a while. 

I love grad school because it gives me contact with adults who are functioning at a higher level than the kinders that I surround myself with all day long. However, when I leave my kinders I am in a happy and relaxed place (most of the time). Life is easy when you're learning your numbers and letters. You're not spending your time dissecting disabilities in a special education class or thinking about strategies for teaching reading. I can settle into bed nice and early, read a good book, and turn out the light without a care in the world. When I leave grad school though, my brain is experiencing a level of rapid fire thinking that is hard to put out. I cannot just turn it off as much as I would like to. Sure, I'll still turn in and read a good book before falling asleep for the night, but it is always a question of how long it will take me to succumb to the sleeping part.

With that, I am off to read that good book (currently Eat and Run) and hopefully catch some Zs before my 4:30 wake up call. 

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment