Friday, October 4, 2013

fall cleaning

Fall Cleaning!
Today, during morning announcements my dreams came true. I had been presented with an outlet to get rid of old teaching materials that have been sitting in my cabinets since I inherited my classroom last July. Our clerk told us that someone was coming to school to evaluate the materials that we had and they would be donated if they were in good enough condition, otherwise they would just be purged.

I did a silent cheer in my head and used the time that my students had left during breakfast to start clearing out some materials. As the day progressed, any time that my students were working on an independent task that my assistant could oversee I was lugging boxes of old books out to the hallway. Old math resources, old reading resources, and old science resources. I kept one copy of each workbook so that I have access to alternative resources if need be, but otherwise I cleaned out nearly an entire cabinet when I compiled where each item came from.

Hopefully my loss (and actual gain of storage space) will become somebody else's gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment