Thursday, October 3, 2013

tis the season

Tarantula mating and migration. It is a reality when living in New Mexico. I'm not the biggest fan of spiders, but as long as they are outside where they belong I am generally okay with them. However, during this time of year it is not uncommon for them to be strolling through the playground or out on the nature trail behind school.

So far, this year hasn't been too bad. We've only had a couple of sightings on the playground, and I haven't heard of them being removed from the school. Last year, at a staff meeting we were all warned, "check your bags before you dig around in them, I found a tarantula in mine this weekend." Our ever-brave principal guided her find outside, but I hope to never need to do the same. I am hopeful that this warning will not come this year, but I still find myself wary when I catch something moving out of the corner of my eye.

Now that my skin is crawling, I'll say good-bye until tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment